Wanna steal the looks from our ‘style file’ feature? Of course you do! Hair and make-up artist: Abigail Wylie reveals her secrets in this simple ‘how to’ guide…
Look 1: Boots Mean Business
- Start by using a cream contour palette (we recommend the Iconic London cream contour palette) and blend it in using a damp beauty blender.
- Keep the shadow base natural and layer with dark eyeliner creating a bold wing.
- Finish with a red lip as this is perfect for a stand out business look, I recommend Mac Ruby Woo matte lipstick.
- Straighten the hair, back comb and slick back with a wet set gel/spray or hair spray to create a stand out tailored work style.
Look 2: Boho Babe’in
- Get this look with a warm matte brown eyeshadow, adding depth into the crease and dusting under the eye for a subtle smokey look.
- Compliment the eyes with a chocolate toned lip colour.
- Tie it all together with a bronzed tone under the cheek bones to subtly contour the face.
- Keep the hair natural by adding loose curls and shaking out with salt spray. Keep the brush at bay to avoid softening the look.
Look 3: Groovy Baby Yeah
- To get this popping, 70s inspired look keep your eye base natural with brown tones and add a pop of colour under the lower lash line. Here I used a blue tone to compliment the brown on the lid.
- Contrast this with a peach toned, glossy lip.
- Create a natural glow with your favourite highlighter for a fresh faced complexion.
Top Tip – Highlight the upper cheek bones with a cream or powder highlight to give the face a naturally defined look.
- To create the distressed plaits, part the hair, plait either side and grip into place over the head. Carefully pull the braids out and distress as much or as little as you please!
Top Tip – Check out the Olsen twins for inspiration as they always rock this effortless style.
Look 4: Bump Into Your Ex…
- Start this look by creating a bronzed smokey eye building golden/brown shimmer tones over the lid, adding darker tones on the outer V of the eye. Dust a medium bronzed tone under the lower lash line to intensify the glam.
- Compliment with a bronzed, strong contoured look using creams or powders.
- Use a matte nude tone on the lip to help the eyes pop even more
- To create this naturally blown out hair, curl using a wand. Comb this out using a soft, bristled brush being careful not to pull your curls out. Spray to hold and enjoy your night on the town!
Wanna get the stylin’ to match? Click below…
VIEW THE FEATURE