With the gyms shut you might be wondering about how you’re going to keep on top of your fitness and make those #gains, well don’t worry, all is not lost. There’s SO many different types of home workouts you can do to get your blood pumping and work everything from your glutes to your arms with minimal to no equipment. Some of us may have weights or resistance bands lying around but for those who don’t there’s plenty of bodyweight exercises you can do instead. Want to get creative? Fill a backpack with some books or those tins you’ve stockpiled and use that instead of a barbell or use water bottles as dumbbells.
Time to work on that peach girl! You can add resistance bands or weight to these exercises wherever you like to make them a little bit tougher. Also feel free to adjust the sets and reps to suit. We’re not lifting heavy here, so you don’t need to be resting for much longer than a 30 seconds to a minute between sets.
Warm up: Start with some leg swings, hip circles, bodyweight squats and glute bridges.
- Squats – 4 sets of 12 reps
- Bulgarian split squats using a sofa or chair – 4 sets of 12 reps on each leg
- Glute bridges – 4 sets of 20 reps
- Donkey kickbacks superset with fire hydrants – 4 sets of 10 on each leg (superset means you do the two exercises back to back, so do 10 donkey kicks on each leg immediately followed by 10 fire hydrants on each leg, then rest)
- Reverse or static lunges – 4 sets of 10 on each leg
We know you wanna grow a booty babe but it’s super important to work on that upper body strength too! Some of these exercises can be done with bodyweight but you may need to get creative with some water bottle dumbbells or bags of tins here.
Warm up: Arm swings and circles
- Tricep dips – 4 sets of 12 reps
- Push ups – 4 sets of as many reps as possible (if you can’t do full push ups, try them on your knees or off an elevated surface to make them easier)
- Bicep curls with bags – 4 sets of 12 reps
- Lateral raises superset with front raises using bottles – 4 sets of 12 reps
- Shoulder press with bottles – 4 sets of 12 reps
You didn’t think we were done with the home workouts yet did you? This is one to get your heart pumping, it’s all about getting a good workout in a short amount of time here. You’re going to do 45 seconds of each exercise back to back, followed by a minutes rest, four times. There’s no set amount of reps here, just do as many as you can and put your all in.
- Squat jumps
- Star jumps
- High knees
- Mountain climbers
It’s super important to keep your core strong, a lot of lower and upper body exercises will work your core too but it’s good to throw in the occasional ab focus workout too. Complete these as a circuit and then rest for a minute or two before doing another round. Aim for 3-4 rounds.
- Leg raises – 12 reps
- Scissor kicks – 20 reps
- Plank shoulder taps – 20 reps
- Plank dips – 20 reps
- Crunches – 15 reps
- Plank as long as possible
Got any good home workouts to share gal? Let us know! Maybe treat yourself after with some new heels. We’ve got 30% off everything on, hurry, it won’t last long!